Our delicious beetroot and goats cheese tarte tatin takes the French classic dessert and gives it a savoury twist. Paring the seasonal eathyness of the beetroot with goats cheese, caramelised onions and hazelnut dressing leaves you wanting more.
Cooking skill required
In the box
Olive or pomace oil
You will need
Oven ready tart tatin
Steamed new season potatoes
Select quantityNotify me when in stock!
Sign up for stock update notification
You will be notified via email when Beetroot Tarte Tatin with Ratte Potatoes, Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Hazelnut Dressing is back in stock.
Ingredients and Allergens
The tart (Beetroot, goats cheese – goats milk, red onion, sugar, balsamic vinegar – Sulphites,puff pastry – gluten/milk) potatoes, broccoli, hazelnut dressing (hazelnuts – nuts, soft herbs, cold pressed rapeseed oil, Dijon mustard, capers)
Allergens in bold
- Set your oven to 185c/ fan 180c/ gas 4.
- Remove the tart from the bag and place on the baking tray.
- Now half fill one saucepan with water to cook the broccoli and add a pinch of salt, place on a low heat and leave to heat through.
- Place the tart into the oven and cook for 20 -25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.
- Empty the steamed potatoes into the second saucepan and add a knob of butter and a splash of water cover with a lid. Place on a low heat once the tart has been cooking for 10 minutes. Check them regularly and give them a stir to coat in the butter emulsion made from the butter and water, add a little more if the pan starts to dry out.
- 5 minutes before the tart is due to come out from the oven turn the water pan up high to a rapid boil, once boiling throw in the broccoli, reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, then drain.
- Remove the tart from the oven, let it sit for a minute and then carefully (using a tea towel) tip it upside down onto the plate, remove the foil slowly checking all the beets and cheese have come free from the foil.
- Serve your broccoli and potatoes and dress the dish with the hazelnut dressing.