A rich Indonesian curry made with coconut milk and tender beef, served with a mouth watering pineapple salsa and coriander rice.
Why not enjoy with a bottle of Samuel Smiths organic lager?
In the box
Slow cooked beef Rendang curry
Brown rice and herbs
You will need
Spatula/ wooden spoon
Select quantityNotify me when in stock!
Sign up for stock update notification
You will be notified via email when Slow cooked beef Rendang, toasted coconut, coriander rice and pineapple salsa is back in stock.
Ingredients and Allergens
Beef shin, butternut squash, rendang paste (onion, garlic, galangal, ginger, lime leave, lemon grass, chilli flakes, dried red chilli, salt, pepper), star anise, cloves, tamarind concentrate, cardamom, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, coconut milk, coconut cream. Rice, coriander, pineapple salsa (pineapple, sugar, lime juice, salt, chilli flakes). Garnish (spring onion, red chilli).
- Half fill one saucepan with water and place on the stoveon a high heat to get the water boiling
- Empty the rendang curry into the second saucepan and add some water to the empty bag. Give the bag a shake and add to the curry, place the saucepan on the stove on a low heat. Stir the curry often to avoid it sticking, the curry will take 7-10 minutes to heat through thoroughly. The curry should reduce and become a little sticky.
- Once the water is boiling, place the bag of rice into the water and leave it to heat through for 4-5 minutes. Remove the bag from the water using tongs and place the bag onto your tea towel to absorb the hot water.
- Use your scissors to cut open the rice bag and empty onto your plate or bowl. Give the curry a final stir and serve with the rice. Sprinklie over a little of the toasted coconut and garnish with the spring onion and chilli.
- Enjoy your meal with the pineapple salsa.