A healthy and seasonal twist to the traditional fish and chips... A fresh Cornish plaice fillet with sautéed new potatoes, a lovely summer pea puree finished off with our house-made tartare sauce
Cooking skill required
In the box
Blanched new potatoes
House made tartare sauce
You will need
Non-stick frying pan
Baking tray lined withparchment paper
Olive or rapeseed oil
Select quantityNotify me when in stock!
Sign up for stock update notification
You will be notified via email when Cornish plaice fillet with sautéed new potatoes, pea puree, house-made tartare sauce is back in stock.
Ingredients and Allergens
Plaice fillet, new potatoes, peas, lemon, tartare sauce (Eggyolk, mustard, garlic, white wine vinegar, gherkin, capers, parsley, lemon)
Allergens In bold
- Heat the oven to 180c, 175c fan, gas 4.
- Lightly oil the parchment paper and sprinkle over a little salt and pepper then lay the plaice skin side down on the baking tray. Dot the plaice with butter and season again.
- Put the non-stick pan on a medium to high heat, get the pan hot, add a good glug of oil and carefully tip in the potatoes. Using the spatula immediately start to move the potatoes around the pan to seal them, add a pinch of salt. Once they are starting to seal turn the heat down to medium.
- Now put the plaice in the oven to cook for 10 minutes.
- Go back to the potatoes and keep moving them around the pan, cooking and turning golden brown with crispy skins.
- Place the pea puree in the small saucepan, place on a low heat and warm gently.
- Remove the fish from the oven, give the potatoes a finally blast of heat and serve on a warm plate with the fish, pea puree and a good dollop of tartare sauce.