A fragrant and aromatic curry with a kick. Choose from either Cornish Hake and prawns or vegetables (potato, cauliflower and greens beans) brought together in a sauce based on our own paste, spices and coconut. Served with basmati rice and tempered with cucumber yoghurt.
In the box
Hake and prawns / Vegetable portion
Goan Curry Sauce
You will need
Two medium saucepans, spatula, cook's knife, chopping board, tongs, scissors
Ingredients and Allergens
Curry Sauce (cloves,coriander seeds, chillies, star anise, tumeric, sugar, salt, garlic, root ginger, vinegar, pomace oil, tomato, onion, coconut milk, mustard seeds, curry leaves, Basmati rice, cucumber yoghurt (milk), coriander
Fish option:Firm White Fish (fish), Prawns (crustacean)
Vegetable Option: Potato, Cauliflower, green beans
Allergy advice - Allergens in bold
1. Add the curry sauceto one of your saucepans, put on a low to medium heat to warm up gently, if you boil the sauce there's a chance it may split, so take your time....it'll be worth it!
2. Take the second saucepan and fill by 2/3's, put onto a high heat, bring to the boil and then turn to a low heat.
3. Roughly chop the coriander and put to one side.
4. Once the curry sauce is gently bubbling and the fish and prawns or vegetable portion, stir the sauce with your spatula and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. When the fish/ vegetables go in the sauce, drop the bag of rice into the boiled water and turn the heat up to medium, this should take 4 minutes to heat through.
6. Once the fish/ vegetables are cooked, stir some of the coriander through the sauce and serve into a warm bowl.
7. Remove the bag of rice from the water, be very careful and use tongs and a cloth.
Cut the bag open with scissors and tip straight into your serving bowl.
8. Garnish you meal with the remaining coriander and a spoonful of the cucumber yoghurt.