A vegan twist on our beautiful slow cooked beef Rendang. This dish is packed full of flavour perfect for a summers evening.
Great with a cold beer so why not accompany it with a bottle of Samuel Smiths Organic lager?
In the box
Tofu and aubergine rendang
Brown rice with coriander
You will need
Spatula/ wooden spoon
Select quantityNotify me when in stock!
Sign up for stock update notification
You will be notified via email when Aubergine, potato and tofu Rendang, toasted coconut, coriander rice and pineapple salsa is back in stock.
Ingredients and Allergens
Tofoo co. organic extra firm tofu, aubergine, rendang paste (onion, garlic, galangal, ginger, lime leaves, lemon grass, chiili flakes, dried red chilli, salt, pepper), star anise, cloves, tamarind concentrate, cardamom, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, coconut milk, coconut cream. Rice, coriander, pineapple salsa (pineapple, sugar, lime juice, salt, chilli flakes). Garnish (spring onion, red chilli) desiccated coconut.
- Half fill one saucepan with water and place onto the stove on a high heat to get the water boiling.
- Empty the rendang curry into the second saucepan and add some water to the empty bag. Give the bag a shake and add to the curry. Stir the curry and place on the stoveon a low heat. Stir the curry often to avoid it sticking, the curry will take 7-10 minutes to heat through thoroughly. The curry should reduce and become a little sticky.
- Once the water is boiling, place the bag of rice into the water and leave it to heat through for 4-5 minutes. Remove the bag from the water using you tongs and place the bag onto your tea towel to absorb the hot water.
- Use your scissors to cut open the rice bag and empty onto your plate or bowl. Give the curry a final stir and serve with the rice. Sprinkle over a little of the toasted coconut and garnish with the spring onion and chilli.
- Enjoy your meal with the pineapple salsa.