A delicious puff pastry pie with a heartwarming filling of Portobello mushrooms, truffle, thyme and garlic, accompanied with locally farmed broccoli.
Cooking skill required
Nutrition (per serving)
In the box
Mushroom and truffle pie filling
Pie dish lined with pastry
Puff pastry lid for pie
Purple sprouting broccoli
You will need
Splash of milk or egg yolk
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Ingredients and Allergens
Mushroom Pie Batch (Mushrooms, Onion, Wine - Sulphites, Parsley, Garlic, Wheat Flour, Butter - Milk, Olive Oil, Mushroom, Salt, Black Pepper, Lemon Peel), Pastry - Wheat, Broccoli, Milk, Olive Oil, Dried Red Chillies.
Allergies in bold
- Heat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4.
- Carefully pour the pie filling into the pie case, wipe around the edge with your thumb to clear the pastry edge of any mix then brush the edge with milk or egg yolk and lay the pastry lid over the top. Press onto the edge with a firm gentle press.
- Brush the lid with some milk or egg yolk then put it in the oven on a baking tray for 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown and puffed up.
- In the meantime prepare for cooking the greens - fill the saucepan with water and bring to boil then add the greens, blanche in the boiling water for four minutes then drain well and put the empty pan back onto the stove on the heat.
- Add a glug of rapeseed oil, chilli flakes and the greens back into the pan, season with salt and pepper and give the greens a good toss. Remove from the heat.
- Once you've taken the pie out of the oven leave it to sit for 2 minutes, then carefully tip the pie out from the dish using a cloth so you don't burn yourself. Serve with the broccoli.