When springtime comes we get very excited about the arrival of wild garlic season... So we've given this Italian classic a fresh spring twist.
Cooking skill required
In the box
Wild garlic sauce
You will need
Salt & pepper
Ingredients and Allergens
Gnocchi (potato, pasta flour - gluten, eggs, salt) wild garlic sauce (wild garlic, baby spinach, vegetable stock (onion, celery, leek, carrot, garlic, bay leaves, fennel seeds, black pepper corns, coriander seeds, star anise, thyme, parsley, cooking white wine – sulphites, lemon) double cream – milk, parmesan – milk, radicchio, pickled radish – red wine vinegar – sulphites, brown sugar.
Allergens in bold
- Place the sauté/frying pan on a medium heat and allow the pan to heat up.
- Open the bag of cooked gnocchi and once the pan is hot add a glug of oil followed by the gnocchi, move the gnocchi around the pan lightly sealing and coating with the oil for a minute or 2.
- Open the sauce pouch and add to the gnocchi, add a pinch of salt and stir the sauce continuously until it is hot, 3-4 minutes – if you cook it too long the sauce will reduce become thick and loose its vibrant colour. (Should the sauce become too thick add a couple of spoonful’s of cold water ).
- Now the sauce and gnocchi are hot use the serving spoon to dish up onto a warm plate.
- Now the fun begins, you become Ange or Gordon!
- Layer the gnocchi and sauce with most of the parmesan shavings, then most of the radicchio, then the rest of the parmesan shavings, then the rest of the radicchio and finish with the pickled radish, a sprinkle of parsley and if you’re feeling brave enough a drizzle of olive oil.
- Season with a twist of black pepper and serve.