Bite-sized polpette-style meatballs drenched in a traditional tomato and basil sauce, with delicious parmesan polenta. Comfort food at it's best, and we've done most of the work for you - a quick, easy and delicious dinner.
Cooking skill required
Simple Comfort Food
In the bag
Cooked meatballs in tomato sauce
Utensils + Larder
Ovenproof dish, a medium saucepan, a wooden spoon and a knob of butter.
Ingredients and Allergens
Meatballs (Pork, Beef, Rapeseed Oil, Ricotta Cheese (Milk), Bread (Wheat), Egg, Garlic, Coriander Leaves, Salt, Dried Red Chillies), Tomato Sauce (Celery), Polenta, Parmesan Cheese (Milk), Butter (Milk).
Allergen advice. For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
- Heat oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4.
- Pour the meatball mix into an appropriate size ovenproof dish. When the oven is up to heat, cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the parsley and put aside.
- When the meatballs are halfway through cooking, start on the polenta.
- Add the vegetable stock to the medium pan and bring to a simmer. Add the polenta and put the pan on a low heat. As the polenta begins to heat, stir it with the wooden spoon. Do this for about 5 minutes on and off until the polenta is soft and creamy. Finish the polenta by stirring through the butter and most of the parmesan. Season to taste.
- Take the meatballs from the oven, taste and season if needed. Add half of the chopped parsley.
- Serve the polenta and meatballs. Garnish with the rest of the parmesan and parsley.