A cracking dish - tender octopus in a delicious sauce with perfectly seasoned sweet potato on the side. Full of flavours, yet light and healthy!
Cooking skill required
In the box
Octopus in sauce
You will need
Medium saucepan with lid
Chopping board and chef's knife
Salt and pepper
Select quantityNotify me when in stock!
Sign up for stock update notification
You will be notified via email when Slow cooked octopus with roast sweet potatoes is back in stock.
Ingredients and Allergens
Smoky Octopus Stew, Octopus - Molluscs, Tomatoes, Onion, Olives, Wine - Sulphites, Red Peppers, Parsley, Lemon, Rapeseed Oil, Raisins - Sulphites, Garlic, Honey, Fennel Seeds, Paprika, Salt, Black Pepper, Coriander Seeds, Bay Leaf), Sweet Potato.
Allergies in bold
- Heat the oven to 180c/Gas mark 4.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into quarters lengthwise. Toss them in olive oil, season well with salt and pepper and put them on a roasting tray. Bash the garlic with the heel of your palm or a knife and add to the potatoes along with the thyme. Give the tray a shake to mix and roast for 20 minutes.
- Empty the octopus mix into the saucepan, rinse the bag with a little water and add that to the pan too.
- Chop the parsley and set aside.
- Gently warm the octopus on a medium heat.
- When the potatoes have been cooking for 15 minutes add the chilli flakes to the potatoes and give it a little shake then cook for the remaining 5 minutes
- Stir the octopus. The sauce should be gently bubbling by now. If it seems a little thin, increase the heat a little to reduce and thicken it.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and the octopus is ready, stir the parsley into the sauce, check the seasoning and serve with the roasted sweet potatoes.